Monday, July 25, 2011

chicken parmigiana

Chicken Parmigiana
July 24, 2011




This was an interesting ride.  The first try which involved frying ended in a blackened chicken.  That path involved dipping the chicken in beaten egg, four and bread crumbs, and then dropping it in oil that was heated and leaving it in the oil on high for two minutes before transferring it to the oven for about 20 minutes.  The two minute in the frying pan was what caused the disaster and burnt the chicken.


Then came Take Two which had no frying involved - both the times I took out two boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them in half length wise, giving me 4 pieces.  In Take Two, I had to defreeze it, and for that I ran it through the microwave's Inverter Turbo Defrost. 


I switched on the oven and set the temperature to 350 degrees for it to preheat.


I took two eggs and beat them nicely in a bowl.  Bread crumbs in another bowl, enough to roll the breast in.  I had gotten Stop & Shop's Italian style bread crumbs.


Dipped each breast piece in the egg and then rolled it in the bread crumbs until it was fully coated.  I then placed the coated breasts on a flat oven sheet.  The instructions told me the sheet had to be greased.  Greased just meant it had to be sprayed with a cooking spray.  I had the olive oil cooking spray which I used to grease it, and the breasts went on the oven sheet.


Once the oven's preheated light came on, I placed the sheet inside the oven and set the timer for 40 minutes.


While that was cooking, I took another oven safe dish which was a little deeper and layered the bottom with Marinara tomato sauce.


Once 40 minutes were up, I took the sheet out and kept the oven still on.  I transferred the breasts from the sheet onto the dish with the sauce at the bottom.  Poured more of the Marinara sauce over the chicken breasts and sprinkled each breast with powdery parmesan cheese and laid a thin slice of mozzarella cheese over each chicken breast.


Placed the dish back inside the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes.


The result you can see above.  Tasted very good as well!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment